- Opportunity to get your hands dirty with large enterprise greenfield project
- Sydney CBD – modern office
- 6 months contract with a view to extend – long term project
You will also be responsible for the end to end development and testing of the ETL processes, including documenting technical data flows between operational systems. You should have validated experience crafting and developing transformation rules to support transaction databases.
- Lead requirement and design sessions and develop ETL logic that meets business requirements for intake of data
- Analyse and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications along with the development, testing and implementation of ETL program logic.
- Analyse data sources, write prototype SQL to prove data transforms.
- Design, develop and tune solutions to integrate data with appropriate error handling and monitoring.
- Design and develop solutions that identify data issues and report errors for further analysis.
- Help build positive relationships between business users and IT staff.
- Utilize industry methodologies and generally accepted procedures.
- Dedicatedly develop and maintain technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and standards; applying expertise to produce premier solutions that are relevant and useful to the business.
- Play an active role in maintaining and improving development practices, standards, procedures, and controls.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies.
- Improve operations by performing systems / data analysis and recommending changes in workflow and procedures.
- Act as the day-to-day go-to person for the Data Integration Engineers on the team, coaching and mentoring as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required (years of relevant experience may be substituted).
- 8+ years of work experience as an ETL Engineer/Developer on a data integration/ETL development team required.
- Experience delivering Data Integration solutions for large scale enterprise systems.
- Advanced Talend or Similar ETL Tool (Informatica, DataStage, Pentaho) experience.
- Big Data experience (Hadoop, Spark, Scala)
- Demonstrated experience working with data modeling methodologies and concepts
- Adept in understanding technical requirements and convert them into data flows.
- Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas
- Works closely with teammates and ability to lead a team
- Knowledge of cloud technologies is a plus – AWS
If you are looking for a new challenge, Apply now. Alternatively, call Fei Wong 02 9270 5292 for a confidential chat.